Uber had created a way for people to request, ride, share and pay for transportation to common destinations. Now comes Skyuber which connects people who want to fly with pilots who have empty seats. Will this concept work as well as the Uber concept for cars?
Empty SeatsThe idea of Skyuber is that general aviation pilots may have empty seats as the travel on business or pleasure around the country, and by using the Skyuber app other pilots can share the ride. The Skyuber proposition is simple:
- Pilots can fly much more for less. Pilots share their upcoming flight plans with the Skyuber community and start saving money when they fly;
- Riders can choose a flight, pay only a pro-rata share of the costs of the flight, and enjoy the world in a different and memorable way;
- Partners will be aero clubs, flight schools or other associations and using Skyuber will increase their activity and revenues.
Skyuber Press ReleaseHere is the complete First Release by Skyuber:
SKYUBER TAKES OFF AT AERO 2015Skyuber connects people who want to fly with pilots who have empty seats Friedrichshafen, Germany, April 13th, 2015 – Skyuber (www.skyuber.com) the ride sharing service for general aviation will announce its launch at Aero 2015 (The Global Show for General Aviation). Skyuber connects people who want to fly with pilots who have empty seats in their planes and is exhibiting at Aero 2015 in Hall A6, stand 406. What if you could use your phone to share your private flight plans or, as a rider, to find flights in your area? Skyuber seamlessly connects riders to pilots though our cloud and app, making flying affordable and safe, under a cost-sharing scenario. The Skyuber proposition is simple:
Skyuber super easy app meets both the needs of pilots and riders by providing easy-to-use service: pilots automatically provide their flights and riders can browse and choose flights nearby. “We want to bring sharing economy to general aviation, allowing pilots and aircraft owners to fly more and to democratize the access to the skies while being strict with safety issues”, said Carlos Oliveira, a serial entrepreneur and Founder of Skyuber. Skyuber is seeking for associations and companies in the general aviation ecosystem to become partners in several markets. This is a great opportunity for aero clubs, flight schools or associations to increase their activity by enrolling pilots, bringing the folks in for great flights and create additional revenue streams. For pilots is a great way to save money and get fly buddies. “General aviation isn’t a million dollar club. We are real people passionate about aviation”, said Carlos Oliveira, who is himself a pilot. “It’s an expensive hobby like many others. With Skyuber pilots don’t share only an empty seat, they are sharing a Wow experience and creating bounds with other people passionate about aviation. It’s a win-win relationship under a sharing cost scenario.” Skyuber will be presenting its service and interacting with pilots, partners and riders at the Aero 2015 in Hall A6, stand 406. You can also join us Friday 17th April at 10am at the Conference Center East, Room Bern in Friedrichshafen Aero 2015 for the seminar “Skyuber – The Ride Sharing for General Aviation”. About SkyUber Skyuber is The Ride Sharing for General Aviation. Skyuber seamlessly connects people who want to fly to pilots through our app, making flying affordable and safe, under a common-purpose, cost-sharing scenario. Skyuber wants to become the largest general aviation virtual fleet in the world. Share your flights and find an easy, cheap and safe way to fly. Let’s get you flying!
- Pilots can fly much more for much less, as they share their upcoming flight plans with the Skyuber community and start saving money when they fly;
- Riders choose a flight, pay only a pro-rata share of flight costs, and enjoy the world in a different and memorable way;
- Our Partners, aero clubs, flight schools or associations, will increase their activity and revenues by assisting Skyuber enrolling and screening their pilots.