5 Dangerous Airports?I would submit to you that there are a lot of dangerous airports in the world, and that there are at least 5 reasons they are dangerous:
- The approach to the airport is very difficult as was the approach to the Kai Tak Airport in Hong Kong when it was open;
- When the airport is located at a high altitude where wind, weather and visibility can be a problem as at Courcheval in France;
- The distraction of tourists around the landing threshold which can be distracting as at the Princess Juliana International Airport in St. Maarten;
- An airport where you can't line up for a straight in approach as at the Lukla Airport in Nepal;
- An airport where the hazards are because of the need to integrate with ground transportation as at the Gibraltar Airport.