Who among us hasn't wanted to learn how to fly a helicopter?
FAA Part 61 Helicopter Private Pilot Certification Requirements
- Dual: 20 hours of helicopter flight training with an instructor on the Private Pilot areas of operation that includes:
- 3 hours of cross-country flight training in a helicopter;
- 3 hours of night flight training in a helicopter, that includes at least;
- 1 cross-country flight of over 50 nautical miles total distance; and;
- 10 takeoffs and 10 landings with each involving a flight in the traffic pattern.
- 3 hours of flight training in a helicopter within the preceding 60 days prior to the practical test;
- Solo: 10 hours of solo flying in a helicopter on the Private Pilot areas of operation, that includes;
- 3 hours of solo cross-country flying;
- 1 solo cross-country flight of at least 75 nautical miles total distance with 3 points and one segment of at least 25 nautical miles between takeoff and landing; and;
- 3 takeoffs and landings at a controlled airport.