One of the most important reasons a flight is successful is because of a great preflight brief before takeoff. No matter how you decide to take your preflight brief the important issue is to make sure it is thorough and complete. All pilots need to make sure that we take care of this important part of planning for our flight, and the FAA has put together an excellent online webinar to help. This webinar is for all pilots whether a Student Pilot or an old line pilot. The most successful flight is one in which nothing happens, is boring and culminates in an unremarkable landing. Safe flight is in the end an uneventful flight.
Six Steps To The Perfect Preflight BriefOn Monday October 10th, 2016 Delia Colvin will present a webinar on the perfect preflight brief for 60 minutes at 19:00 EDT. Ms. Colvin is an aviation weather expert, 15 year veteran of Air Traffic Control and an international best selling author. She will walk us through her favorite websites and online tools she uses for conducting a safe self briefing.
6 Essential Elements For A Preflight BriefHere is a list of what she will cover:
- Learn the 6 elements you must check in any brief;
- What hazardous weather doesn't qualify as an "Adverse Condition";
- How to significantly reduce needless data;
- The proposed replacement for the Area Forecast;
- When sever weather does not qualify as an adverse condition.
WINGS/AMT Program CreditsIf you are participating in the WINGS program then you will acquire the following credits:
- 1 credit for Basic Knowledge 3;
- 1 credit for Advanced Knowledge 1.