Note: You will receive a card in the mail which has a code that you enter online to access your training.
The Gleim Online Ground School is a self-directed study course designed to prepare you to PASS the FAA knowledge tests. You can use this course to study at your own pace. Once you complete all course requirements, you will be provided with a knowledge test endorsement that will allow you to take the knowledge test at the testing center of your choice.
Private Pilot Airplane (PAR)
Recreational Pilot Airplane (RPA)
Recreational-Private Transition (PAT)
- Average Length of Course: 35 Hours
- Audiovisual presentations for each study unit
- Testing center emulation (CATS and PSI/LaserGrade)
- WINGS credit
Course ContentThis course has the same study unit order as the Gleim Private Pilot Knowledge Test Book.
For Private Pilot:
- Airplanes and Aerodynamics
- Airplane Instruments, Engines, and Systems
- Airports, Air Traffic Control, and Airspace
- Federal Aviation Regulations
- Airplane Performance and Weight and Balance
- Aeromedical Factors and Aeronautical Decision Making (ADM)
- Aviation Weather
- Aviation Weather Services
- Navigation: Charts and Publications
- Navigation Systems
- Cross-Country Flight Planning